Lesson 8: Nutritional Health with SC DHEC (Snap-Ed)
Virtual Health Education for Students
This lesson introduces the SC DHEC SNAP-Education team and the six nutrition lessons we will be teaching this year. A pre-test will be used to analyze knowledge learned through the 6-week lessons.
A Microsoft Form and Google Doc link are available. Please choose one for your program. All surveys will be checked by Prisma Health Community Health and recorded. A report can be provided to you if requested.
MyPlate, fruits, vegetables, grains, protein, dairy
Summary for students/script:
Prisma Health partners with SC DHEC SNAP-Education dietitians to provide six weeks of nutrition education using a video, handouts and a GoNoodle link. The first lesson is an introduction to nutritional health. Students who fill out all surveys at the end of the semester will receive a prize (sent at the end of the semester). Please spend 15–20 minutes with this lesson by watching the video, reviewing the handout, interacting with the GoNoodle activity, taking the pre-test Survey and the weekly quiz link. Lesson 9–12 will include only one weekly quiz. Lesson 13 will include the post-test survey.
Recipe video for parents:
- Lesson 1: Welcome and Introduction
- Lesson 2: Body Image
- Lesson 3: Power Up
- Lesson 4: Time Out for TV
- Lesson 5: How Much Sleep Do I Need?
- Lesson 6: We’re in it Together
- Lesson 7: Semester Wrap-Up
- Lesson 8: Nutritional Health with SC DHEC (Snap-Ed)
- Lesson 9: Juice, Water, Soda, Oh My!
- Lesson 10: What Color is Your Plate?
- Lesson 11: My Food Has a “Whole” in It
- Lesson 12: Let’s Make Healthy Snacks
- Lesson 13: What’s for Breakfast?