Lesson 12: Let’s Make Healthy Snacks
Virtual Health Education for Students
This lesson is all about snacks and food preparation! Students will learn examples of healthy, easy snacks they can make with their family. They will also be reminded of handwashing and food safety.
This lesson can be sent out any day during the week. Please use the provided links and documents. A Microsoft Form and Google Doc link are available for optional quizzes. Please choose one for your program. All quizzes will be checked by Prisma Health Community Health and recorded. A report can be provided to you if requested.
Summary for students/script:
Prisma Health partners with SC DHEC SNAP-Education dietitians to provide six weeks of nutrition education using a video, handouts and a GoNoodle link. Students who fill out all surveys at the end of the semester will receive a prize (sent at the end of the semester). Please spend 10–15 minutes with this lesson by watching the video, reviewing the handout, interacting with the GoNoodle activity and filling out the quiz.
- Kid’s Snack Books <not yet available online>
Recipe video for parents
- Lesson 1: Welcome and Introduction
- Lesson 2: Body Image
- Lesson 3: Power Up
- Lesson 4: Time Out for TV
- Lesson 5: How Much Sleep Do I Need?
- Lesson 6: We’re in it Together
- Lesson 7: Semester Wrap-Up
- Lesson 8: Nutritional Health with SC DHEC (Snap-Ed)
- Lesson 9: Juice, Water, Soda, Oh My!
- Lesson 10: What Color is Your Plate?
- Lesson 11: My Food Has a “Whole” in It
- Lesson 12: Let’s Make Healthy Snacks
- Lesson 13: What’s for Breakfast?