Lesson 1: Welcome and Introduction
Virtual Health Education for Students
This lesson welcomes students and introduces telehealth. A pre-test will be used to analyze knowledge learned through the seven-week (semester 1) lessons. A Microsoft Form and Google Doc link are available. Please choose one for your program. All surveys will be checked by Prisma Health Community Health and recorded. A report can be provided to you if requested.
This lesson can be sent out any day during the week. Please use the provided links and documents.
Telehealth, virtual learning, digital health
Summary for students/script:
Prisma Health will provide seven weeks of health education using a video, handouts and a GoNoodle link. The first lesson is an introduction to telehealth. Students who fill out all surveys at the end of the seven weeks will receive a prize (sent during the second semester). Please spend 10–15 minutes with this lesson by watching the video, reviewing the handout, interacting with the GoNoodle activity, and participating in the pre-test.
- Lesson 1: Welcome and Introduction
- Lesson 2: Body Image
- Lesson 3: Power Up
- Lesson 4: Time Out for TV
- Lesson 5: How Much Sleep Do I Need?
- Lesson 6: We’re in it Together
- Lesson 7: Semester Wrap-Up
- Lesson 8: Nutritional Health with SC DHEC (Snap-Ed)
- Lesson 9: Juice, Water, Soda, Oh My!
- Lesson 10: What Color is Your Plate?
- Lesson 11: My Food Has a “Whole” in It
- Lesson 12: Let’s Make Healthy Snacks
- Lesson 13: What’s for Breakfast?