Weight-loss surgery is life changing. Change is hard, so we offer pre-surgery educational support groups and post-surgery support groups for patients and their primary support people. These sessions are always moderated by one of our doctors, dietitians, or chef. These support groups are for patients who are enrolled in our program.
Support group guidelines
- Sign in at each support group on the sign-in sheet.
- Do NOT bring children to support groups.
- You must complete five (5) pre-surgery support groups before your initial surgeon’s appointment.
- You must complete ten (10) pre-surgery support groups before your surgery date.
- If support groups held on the same day have different topics, they may each count towards your 10 groups. Groups with the same topic held in one day may only count once toward your 10 groups.
- NO pre-surgery patients in post-surgery support groups.
- After surgery, you will advance to the post-surgery support groups.
- Questions for the office staff or physician must be handled during office hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mon.-Thurs., 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Fri.).
- All patients must sign and weigh in for two (2) support groups a month.
- If you are weighing in, please arrive 15-30 minutes before class is scheduled to begin to get vitals recorded, NO weights/vitals will be taken once a support group class has started or at any other times throughout the day.
*As part of the 10 required support groups, five (5) groups/topics are mandatory: Surgery 101, Physician group, Dietitian group, Nurse group and Psychology group.
Pre-op prep classes are restricted to 50 attendees. Patients arriving after capacity has been reached will not be allowed to join the group regardless of the time.