At Prisma Health, robotic-assisted surgery places us at the forefront of advances that make surgery easier and more effective. Our da Vinci® Surgical System can replace traditional, open surgery – which requires weeks of recovery and higher risks.
In fact, treating some delicate or complex conditions was nearly impossible before this method became available.
Understanding robotic-assisted surgery
The da Vinci® Surgical System is designed with high-definition 3D vision and a greatly magnified view. It allows our surgeons to see the site more clearly compared with traditional techniques. It also enhances precision, flexibility and control. The surgeon can make just a few tiny openings and repair areas of the body that are not easily accessible.
Even when used with traditional surgery, robotic-assisted surgery can improve your outcomes.
Benefits of robotic surgery
Experience faster, easier recovery:
- Less anesthesia used
- Smaller surgical incisions (typically 1–2 cm)
- Reduced blood loss and need for transfusions
- Less postoperative pain, discomfort and scarring
- Lower risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery and return to normal daily activities
Surgeries that may use a robotic approach
- Bariatric (weight loss)
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose throat)
- Cardiac Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Endovascular Surgery
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Surgery
- General Surgery
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Prisma Health Transplant Center
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Weight Loss (Bariatric) Surgery