Prisma Health Center for Prosthetics and Orthotics recommends the following patient resources. In addition, we encourage our patients to take advantage of various events we have throughout the year. We are always here to help, so if you have any questions or need additional resources, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- After surgery resource
- Amplify Yourself – A great resource for amputee’s to have their insurance complaints heard. Whether it’s denials, lengthy appeals or restrictions in coverage.
- Amputee Coalition of America – Nonprofit organization intended to reach out to people with limb loss through education, support and advocacy.
- Freedom Innovations-Restore Your Everyday – Online community with panel of amputees listing advice and tips on your new life as an amputee.
- Hatchbacks: Pediatric AFO friendly shoes
- Inspiring stories
- Prisma Health Multiple Sclerosis Program
- Prosthetics 101
- Receiving your prosthesis
- Terms and definitions
- UCan Events – Water skiing, sled hockey, softball, fencing, tennis, sailing and cycling.
- Your new leg: Wearing it well
- Orthotic friendly shoes on Zappos