Prisma Health is committed to ensuring that everyone, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning and intersex South Carolinians, has access to quality healthcare.
We offer providers who specialize in and are engaged to meet the unique medical needs of LGBTQIA+ community members, including gender-affirming hormone replacement therapy and surgery.
Care for everyone
Find an LGBTQIA+ supportive provider who's right for you by viewing their online profiles, star ratings and reviews.
LGBTQ-friendly practice offices
Prisma Health offers Patient-Centered Medical Homes for LGBTQIA+ patients and their families, which include providers from various specialties collaborating to improve the healthcare experience for LGBTQIA+ individuals.
These practice locations include:
Prisma Health Family Medicine – Forest Drive (Midlands)
Prisma Health Adolescent Medicine (Upstate)
An LGBTQIA+ Patient-Centered Medical Home is designed to be a place for members of the LGBTQIA+ community to receive compassionate and culturally responsive primary care that is tailored to their individual needs.
Prisma Heath leaders, doctors and our Pride Alliance business resource group are actively working to identify gaps in care for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual populations, to help ensure any barriers to meeting our patient needs are addressed.
The LGBTQ Alliance was established in 2017 with the mission to promote equality and visibility for gender and sexual minorities at Prisma Health. The LGBTQ Alliance has three priority areas:
- Clinical education for providers.
- Sensitivity training for staff members.
- Development of a supportive clinical environment.
Learn more about the LGBTQ Alliance by contacting Diversity@PrismaHealth.org.
- Campaign for Southern Equality
- Fenway Health (LGBT Health and Wellness out of Boston)
- Gay Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)
- Gender Benders (Upstate SC)
- GLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
- GLSEN (LGBTQ Student Youth Advocacy)
- Harriet Hancock Center (Columbia, SC)
- Human Rights Campaign
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Trans Lifeline
- Trevor Project Hotline (LGBT Youth Suicide PreventionHotline)
- We Are Family (Charleston, SC)
- World Professional Association for TransgenderHealth (WPATH)
- WPATH Standards of Care
Patients needing additional help finding a Prisma Health provider may contact us at Diversity@PrismaHealth.org.
- Allergy, Immunology and ENT
- Bereavement Services (Grief Counseling)
- Community Health
- Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Employer, Business and Occupational Health
- Eye Care (Ophthalmology)
- FindSC Directory
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Genetic Counseling
- Geriatric and Senior Care Services
- Midlands Healthy Start
- Home Health
- Prisma Health Home Recovery Care
- Hospice (terminal illness care)
- Hyperbaric Medicine Services
- Infectious Diseases
- Laboratory Services
- LGBTQIA+ Healthcare
- Mobile Mammography
- Mobile Health Clinic
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Pharmacy Services
- Prisma Health Center for Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Safety and Injury Prevention Programs
- Sleep Medicine
- Travel Medicine
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Wound Care