Spiritual care services
Support for the healing journey
A cancer diagnosis affects the whole family, often challenging one’s beliefs, hopes and dreams. Professional chaplains support patients and families as they discover or rediscover resources that bring meaning, purpose and hope along their journey toward health and wholeness.
Chaplains are trained to support the many expressions of faith and spirituality. They are caring listeners who serve as an extra layer of compassionate service for you.
Chaplains can support you and your family by:
- Offering a safe, confidential space for you to process your thoughts, feelings and emotions.
- Arranging for rites, rituals and needs of your particular faith tradition.
- Providing encouraging conversation.
- Coordinating care with your community support.
- Helping you navigate advanced care planning and decision making.
- Guiding conversation surrounding expression of values and meaning.
- Prayer requests.
- Anxiety management.
For more information on one-on-one of group sessions, call Prisma Health’s Chaplain Blake Miller at 864-399-8312.
Please note: Patients can arrange for a chaplain visit at their specific cancer institute location or meet via telephone or video call.