One visit, one team, one plan
Prisma Health’s Multidisciplinary Center lets you accomplish in one visit what previously may have taken weeks. That's because we bring together every medical specialty you might need in your cancer journey – radiology, surgery, genetic counseling and more. This approach streamlines care and integrates all aspects of healing so that you have the best outcome possible.
Contact us at 864-455-7070 to schedule an appointment.
How it works
The experienced, compassionate cancer specialists at our Multidisciplinary Center will get you off to the right start in your treatment.
- You are seen by a team of specialists, including a surgeon, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, radiologist, pathologist and nurse navigator.
- The team then meets to discuss treatment options, determine the best course of action and recommend a personalized treatment plan.
- The specialist and nurse navigator present the recommendations to you.
- You, in consultation with your referring doctor, decide how to proceed and leave the visit with a treatment plan in place.
- The center can also connect you with current, ground-breaking clinical research trials to provide safe access to promising new treatments.
Nurse navigators – your personal guides
A cancer diagnosis is an emotionally and sometimes physically difficult time with many questions. A nurse navigator, specially trained in oncology, makes it easier by serving as your main point of contact and helping you navigate your appointment schedule. They can also help you find resources, handle day-to-day issues and serve as your advocate. Most importantly, your nurse navigator is someone who understands what you’re going through and is there for you every step of the way. Services include:
- Coordinating all appointments with the cancer team, pharmacists and caregivers at the Center for Integrative Oncology and Survivorship
- Helping you and your family connect with community resources and Prisma Health’s experienced cancer social worker
- Helping you and your family understand your diagnosis and treatment plan
- Providing education, support and counseling
- Providing clinical nursing care throughout testing, treatment and follow-up care
- Remaining available at any time for questions about medication, symptoms, lifestyle changes or other concerns