Sports psychiatry focuses on the identification and treatment of various psychiatric conditions to enhance athletic performance. Our sports psychiatrists look at the whole person and work to understand an athlete throughout their development. Our program also balances lifestyle intervention with pharmacologic interventions to avoid potential risks and negative impacts with prescription medications.
We treat patients who are 18 years and older and we welcome individuals from a variety of sports, including football, volleyball, lacrosse, equestrian, dancing and cheerleading.
We can help identify and treat conditions, including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Substance use
- Mild eating disorders
Our sports psychiatrists also serve as educators to athletes, parents, coaches and athletic departments regarding common signs and symptoms of psychiatric conditions, including sports-related concussion and post-concussion syndrome.
Give us a call at 864-455-8988.
Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine-Patewood
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – FAQ
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – Midlands Inpatient Programs
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – Midlands Outpatient Programs
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – Upstate Inpatient Programs
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – Upstate Outpatient Programs
- Depression Treatment
- Sports psychiatry