Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – Upstate Outpatient Programs
People of all ages can find hope and achieve better quality of life with our convenient, compassionate outpatient psychiatric services in Upstate. These services also include more intensive options, such as partial hospitalization, for adult and geriatric patients.
Multiple outpatient program options
Adult Partial Hospitalization Program
For adults who do not require care on an inpatient basis, we offer a flexible treatment schedule that may help reduce concerns for family obligations and other responsibilities faced by many adult patients.
- Therapeutic services - Therapy is provided by a team of experienced behavioral health professionals including a psychiatrist, licensed RNs and clinical therapists. Patients take part in individual, group and family therapy and other structured and therapeutic activities.
- Review and evaluation - The patient, along with the psychiatrist, nurse and therapist, has an active role in creating and evaluating the treatment goals.
- Follow-up-treatment - Care does not end with discharge. Team assessments, as well as input from the patient, family members and employer are reviewed before a patient is discharged. As part of the treatment process, follow-up visits to a psychiatrist and therapist are scheduled.
- Private referral services - Patient progress and treatment plans are shared only with referring physicians and other confidential referring professionals.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
IOP is a lower level of care from the partial hospitalization program, but a more intense level of treatment than regular outpatient office visit. IOP is a three-hour-a-day program that meets three times a week, from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
This level of care is highly effective as a transition back to the community and for strengthening acquired coping skills . The goal of this program is to assist the patient in making changes and decisions which will lead to a healthier, happier life and improve functioning at home and/or work.
Psychiatry outpatient clinics for assessment, counseling and more
Adults, children, families and couples can find a wide range of psychiatric services in a convenient, outpatient basis. These services include comprehensive evaluation, consultation and treatment provided by board-certified psychiatrists and board-certified nurse practitioners.
Treatment includes crisis intervention and long-term and short-term psychotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy. Services are provided through a variety of fee arrangements which include Medicare, managed care and other insurance programs, as well as reduced self-pay rates
Clinic locations include:.
Brownell Center (Prisma Health Greenville Memorial campus)
701 Grove Rd, Greenville, SC 29605
Patewood General Psychiatry Clinic
10 Patewood Dr., #130, Greenville, SC 29615
Child Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Clinic
200 Patewood Dr., A100, Greenville, SC 29615
Baptist Easley Counseling
112 John St., Suite 101, Easley, SC 29640
Greer Center for Psychiatry
109 Physicians Dr., Greer, SC 29650
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – FAQ
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – Midlands Inpatient Programs
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – Midlands Outpatient Programs
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – Upstate Inpatient Programs
- Behavioral Health and Psychiatry – Upstate Outpatient Programs
- Depression Treatment
- Sports psychiatry
- Women's Mental Health