Midwife Care – Your Pregnancy
Midwifery care focuses on the belief that pregnancy and birth are fundamentally normal, yet profound life-changing events. We also understand that no two pregnancies or births are ever the same.
Our maternity services
You can expect the following from our midwives:
- Extra time spent with you during appointments. We want to get to know you and provide you with complete information so you can make informed choices about your pregnancy and birth.
- Support for your choices in childbirth and assistance in developing a personalized birth plan. We encourage you to share your desires, hopes and dreams for your birth and will do everything we can to facilitate the process for you.
- Continuous support during labor and birth. Whether your plan includes natural birth in a warm pool of water or an epidural, our midwives will be there to provide physical, emotional and psychological support.
- Postpartum care and breastfeeding assistance. Midwives are champions of breastfeeding and will be available for assistance and support for as long as you need us.
- Continuity of care. You will have the opportunity to meet each one of our midwives during your prenatal visits. We feel strongly that your birth should be attended by someone you have come to know and trust.
What to expect during your prenatal care
You’ve entered an exciting time of anticipation and preparation. Whether this is your first baby or a subsequent pregnancy, you have many decisions to make. Our midwives are honored to support families throughout pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Once your pregnancy has been confirmed, the prenatal period officially begins. Prenatal care involves a series of regular exams and evaluations with your midwife. In an uncomplicated pregnancy, most women will see a midwife once a month until week 32 of pregnancy. At this point, you will be seen every two weeks. As you anticipate your baby’s arrival during your last month of pregnancy, you will have a visit with the midwife every week.