Prisma Health urges community members to take steps to reduce risk of COVID infection
Rates of COVID-19 are rapidly increasing across South Carolina.
Please follow these steps to reduce the risk of infection for yourself and others.
- Everyone should be masked when indoors and in close proximity to people that do not live in your household.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) recommend universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff and students regardless of vaccination status.
- Children age 12 and over should be vaccinated for COVID-19 unless your physician advises otherwise for certain health conditions.
- Pregnant women should talk with their doctor about receiving the vaccine as soon as possible.
- If you are eligible and not yet vaccinated, schedule your appointment now on MyChart or visit a vaccination location near you.
For additional information, visit the following:
Back to News