Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital vaccination site moves back to the hospital campus
Hospital is thankful to partners for helping to get shots into arms
SUMTER, S.C.—Due to additional COVID-19 vaccination sites in the community and physician offices, as well as reduced demand from the public, Prisma Health continues to make changes to its vaccination sites.
Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital vaccination site, which was temporarily located at the Sumter County Civic Center, has moved back to the hospital campus at 19 Calhoun St. In partnership with Sumter County and the City of Sumter officials, Prisma Health moved into the Civic Center on March 15 to manage the higher volumes of COVID-19 vaccinations during the peak vaccination time.
Details of the Prisma Health vaccination site campus in Sumter:
- Site located at 19 Calhoun St. on Tuomey hospital campus.
- Site hours will be open 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m., Wednesday and Friday, and Saturdays, 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
- The site will reopen this Friday, June 18.
- Walk-ins are welcome.
“We would like to thank Sumter County and the City of Sumter officials for partnering with Prisma Health to administer vaccines to our community,” said Rita Halverson, Prisma Health Human Resources, who helped manage both sites. “The hospitality that was provided to our team made us feel at home and made our job so much easier.”
Prisma Health has administered more than 402,000 vaccinations and is committed to continuing to get shots in arms to help build community immunity. Rick Scott, MD, chair of Prisma Health vaccine task force, said, “We are very proud to have begun the vaccination efforts on the first-day vaccine was available and have vaccinated more South Carolinians than any other organization. We would not have been able to achieve our goals without important partnerships like the one in Sumter. We are grateful for the community effort to put shots in arms and build community immunity. We are all in this together.”
As a reminder, the COVID-19 vaccine is now available for ages 12 and up. For additional COVID-19 vaccine information, visit PrismaHealth.org/Vaccine or call 833-2-PRISMA. For a full list of vaccine sites in South Carolina, visit SCDHEC.gov/VaxLocator.
- Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital opens a pharmacy on its campus
- Prisma Health and Richland County work together to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the homeless population
- Prisma Health Richland Hospital Trauma Center recognizes Falls Prevention Week with seminar and online tool to help older adults stay “falls-free”
- Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital team helps N.C. grandmother set up for an all-day Facetime connection to coach daughter through labor due to COVID-19 visitor restrictions
- Prisma Health and The Blood Connection seek plasma from recovered patients to help others severely ill with COVID-19