Prisma Health strengthens primary care services across Midlands region
Community members should prioritize preventive care as part of their health and wellness
COLUMBIA, S.C.—Prisma Health has increased its primary care services capacity across the Midlands region of South Carolina, adding 12 new physicians, physician assistants and advanced practice providers across several office locations. This growth is consistent with the organization’s goal to improve clinical quality by expanding access to care.
“Adding these 12 skilled primary care clinicians over the past few months demonstrates our commitment to providing primary care resources and inspiring healthy habits in our communities across the Midlands,” said Jamee Steen, MD, Department Chair of Family and Preventive Medicine for Prisma Health in the Midlands. “As we enter a new year, we recommend community members prioritize preventive care as part of their health and wellness.”
New providers have joined various practices around the region, including:
- Prisma Health Family Medicine – Saluda Ridge
- Prisma Health Internal Medicine – Taylor St.
- Prisma Health Family Medicine – Northeast
- Prisma Health Family Medicine – Forest Dr.
- Prisma Health Family Medicine – Lexington
- Prisma Health Internal Medicine – 2 Med Park
- Prisma Health Family Medicine – Colonial Dr.
- Prisma Health Family Medicine – Sumter
Prisma Health plans to continue this expansion of services in 2022, looking to add approximately 24 additional primary care clinicians over the next year in existing and new locations to meet the community needs.
Steen added, “We encourage individuals of all ages to establish a relationship with a primary care office to help maintain good health and prevent disease. Regular visits with a clinician who knows you and your family can help to identify concerns sooner and potentially prevent more serious issues.”
Patients can schedule a primary care appointment with Prisma Health by visiting PrismaHealth.org/Care.
About Prisma Health
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 acute and specialty hospitals, 2,947 beds and more than 300 outpatient sites with nearly 2,000 physicians, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually in its 21-county market area that covers 50% of South Carolina. Prisma Health’s goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. Visit PrismaHealth.org for more information.
- Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital opens a pharmacy on its campus
- Prisma Health and Richland County work together to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the homeless population
- Prisma Health Richland Hospital Trauma Center recognizes Falls Prevention Week with seminar and online tool to help older adults stay “falls-free”
- Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital team helps N.C. grandmother set up for an all-day Facetime connection to coach daughter through labor due to COVID-19 visitor restrictions
- Prisma Health and The Blood Connection seek plasma from recovered patients to help others severely ill with COVID-19