Prisma Health to allow one companion visitor for patients having outpatient procedures; inpatient visitor restrictions still apply
GREENVILLE, SC—Prisma Health has updated its visitor policy to allow one support person per patient undergoing outpatient procedures requiring anesthesia or moderate/deep sedation, such as surgery, endoscopy and radiology.
Beginning Tuesday, May 5, this will be implemented in all Prisma Health hospitals and facilities where outpatient procedures are performed. Due to COVID-19 precautions, Prisma Health’s restricted visitor policy will remain in effect, and visitors will not be allowed for inpatients except in specific circumstances.
Patients undergoing a procedure may have one companion who can enter the facility if approved upon screening. Both the patient and companion will be screened upon entry to the facility and will be required to wear face masks. The companion must wear a face mask the entire time while in the facility and adhere to distancing (seating will have 6 feet of separation).
There is a designated waiting area for companions, as capacity allows, or they may return to their vehicle to wait during the procedure. If the patient remains overnight, the companion will not be permitted to stay in the waiting area overnight. The companion will be notified via cell phone when the patient is ready to be discharged, or they will be updated on the patient’s condition.
For more information about COVID-19 and Prisma Health’s continued response, visit PrismaHealth.org/Coronavirus.
- Prisma Health announces four additional COVID-19 community testing events for week of May 17–23
- Prisma Health, in partnership with DHEC, launches community testing for COVID-19 at initial seven statewide screenings beginning this weekend
- Prisma Health announces updates regarding scheduled surgeries and appointments
- Prisma Health plans further restructuring to streamline operations, position for future growth
- Community members work with Prisma Health task force to develop and manufacture face shields