Prisma Health sponsors free Wellfest event, Saturday, March 2
Prisma Health sponsors free Wellfest event. At the event, community members will have the opportunity to:
- Hear and discuss the connections between stroke, heart disease and diabetes with Anil Yallapragada, MD, medical director of the Prisma Health Stroke Center and neurologist with Palmetto Health-USC Neurology.
- Listen to Cameron Thomasson, advanced practice registered nurse, Palmetto Heart in Sumter, as she presents information on heart-healthy living.
- Enjoy award-winning and nationally known comedian Akintunde as he provides information on how laughter is essential to any wellness plan.
- Participate in men’s and women’s breakout sessions, cooking and exercise demonstrations, one-on-one interactions with Prisma Health physicians, healthy living exhibits and more.
Saturday, March 2
8 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center, 1101 Lincoln St., Columbia
Community members still can register for free event. For more information or to register for the event or screenings, visit PrismaHealth.org/WellFest or call 803-296-CARE (2273).
- Prisma Health launches aggressive systemwide flu vaccination campaign
- Prisma Health continues to raise community awareness about shared responsibility and the importance of COVID-19 precautions with a team member T-shirt campaign
- Three-times-a-week stationary coronavirus testing sites to be offered in Upstate and Midlands
- Prisma Health offers limited visitation for designated care partners beginning Sept. 1
- Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital opens a pharmacy on its campus