Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands introduces new security badging system for guests beginning March 4
Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands is introducing a new security badging system for visitors to its inpatient floors beginning today, Monday, March 4. Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands is introducing these new procedures as part of a commitment to ensuring the safety of every patient.
The new security system requires all guests to show photo identification (ID) and get a color-coded badge to visit patients on the third, fourth, fifth or sixth floors. All guests must check in at the information desk (“the boat”) on the first floor. Once their photo ID is verified by security staff, they will be given a color-coded badge that matches the color code of the specific floor they are authorized to access.
When guests get off the elevator on the designated floor, a team member will be able to see their badges through a glass door and allow them entrance. The badge expires after one day, turning black. If the visitor wishes to return, a new ID badge must be issued. Parents may request a badge that expires after three to five days.
If a guest does not have appropriate ID, but a family member of the patient is present at the hospital, that family member can validate the visitor and a badge may be issued. If a family member of the patient is not present to validate, then the person attempting to visit must return with appropriate ID.
Patients and their family members coming to outpatient surgery do not have to check in with security and have an ID badge issued.
If a child is admitted from the Emergency Department (ED) to an inpatient floor, the family members will be issued visitor badges in that department.
- Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands helps save the life of a child with congenital heart defect
- Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands pediatrician shares new report about dangers associated with babies sleeping in sitting devices
- Camp Wonder Hands participant turned counselor shares story
- Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands provides tips for helping children cope with tragic event
- Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands offers book bag safety tips