Prisma Health announces updates regarding scheduled surgeries and appointments
GREENVILLE, SC—Prisma Health is actively working to ensure that patients who need care, including surgical, receive the care they need, when they need it. At the same time, given the COVID-19 public health crisis, our physicians are evaluating those routinely scheduled office visits and scheduled surgeries.
For provider appointments, our providers will determine if a telehealth visit is an alternative. This will include both telephone and video virtual health visits.
- Appointments are not cancelled unless the providers determine that after talking with the patient.
- Our practices are open for patients who need to be cared for by our providers on site for any acute issues.
- Each provider practice will proactively contact patients who have scheduled office appointments to determine if they come in person or if they set up a call or have virtual visit, if that is an option. Patients with smartphones or online video access may have additional options, such as using a video consultation.
- If a patient has a scheduled surgery, the physician will determine the best treatment plan and discuss that with the patient.
Prisma Health also continues to urge patients to use its Prisma Health Virtual Visit, which is free for anyone seeking care for potential COVID-19. It includes a new on-demand video option in addition to the existing online visit option. To access the free virtual visits, use promo code COVID19 at PrismaHealth.org/VirtualVisit.
The entire Prisma Health team is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of our patients and our community as we face concerns about COVID-19. Prisma Health will keep the public informed as the situation changes for its facilities and its patients.
For more information about COVID-19 and Prisma Health’s continued response, visit PrismaHealth.org/Coronavirus.
- Prisma Health announces four additional COVID-19 community testing events for week of May 17–23
- Prisma Health to allow one companion visitor for patients having outpatient procedures; inpatient visitor restrictions still apply
- Prisma Health, in partnership with DHEC, launches community testing for COVID-19 at initial seven statewide screenings beginning this weekend
- Prisma Health plans further restructuring to streamline operations, position for future growth
- Community members work with Prisma Health task force to develop and manufacture face shields