Prisma Health announces additional COVID-19 community testing event in Orangeburg this week
GREENVILLE, SC—Prisma Health will host a COVID-19 community testing event in Orangeburg on Friday.
Prisma Health is hosting seven community testing events this week alone. Since May 2, it has screened more than 4,730 people at its community testing events across the state.
The drive-through community testing, primarily done in partnership with the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and state agencies, tries to reach populations who may not otherwise have access to traditional testing or online virtual visits. Testing is a priority for Prisma Health.
Friday’s testing will be 10 a.m.–2 p.m. at William J. Clark Middle School, 919 Bennett St., Orangeburg.
For details of additional sites or to ensure that inclement weather hasn’t affected scheduled drive-through sites, visit PrismaHealth.org/Coronavirus.
Prisma Health officials also cautioned that the community testing sites are only intended for free community testing. Physician-ordered testing for patients who already have providers, have completed a Virtual Visit or need pre-surgical testing should take place at hospital-based testing sites as instructed by their providers.
Here is what community members should know about community testing sites:
- People will be tested for active COVID-19 infections.
- No one needs a doctor’s order.
- Testing will be given regardless of ability to pay.
- No appointment is needed.
- Spanish-speaking Prisma Health team members will be available at every site.
- All those taking part will be given masks when they arrive. They will also be asked to maintain social distancing.
- Test results should come back within four days.
- Everyone tested will receive follow-up information about test results – whether positive or negative – from providers at Prisma Health.
- Everyone will get tips on isolating at home if sick, caring for themselves and seeking more help if symptoms worsen.
About Prisma Health
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org
- Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital opens a pharmacy on its campus
- Prisma Health and Richland County work together to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the homeless population
- Prisma Health Richland Hospital Trauma Center recognizes Falls Prevention Week with seminar and online tool to help older adults stay “falls-free”
- Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital team helps N.C. grandmother set up for an all-day Facetime connection to coach daughter through labor due to COVID-19 visitor restrictions
- Prisma Health and The Blood Connection seek plasma from recovered patients to help others severely ill with COVID-19