MEDIA ALERT: Santa and his elves visit Prisma Health Children’s Hospital-Midlands on Christmas Eve
CONTACT: Tammie Epps, 803-434-4903, Tammie.Epps@PrismaHealth.org
EVENT: Santa and his elves visit Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands
on Christmas Eve
WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 24, 9:30 a.m.
WHERE: 7 Richland Medical Park Dr., Children’s Hospital entrance
FACTS: Santa and his elves join the Columbia-Richland County Fire Department for the tenth annual Christmas Eve visit to surprise children and their families.
Columbia firefighter Chris Branham, a grateful father of former Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands patient Rachael Branham, brings a ladder truck to the front of the hospital to deliver holiday cheer. Santa and his elves visit the floors and help deliver gifts that were selected by families during Children’s Hospital’s Holiday Market.
“We love being able to bring Santa to surprise the children,” said Capt. Branham. “The same firefighters ask to be involved every year.” Rachael Branham, whose experience at Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital inspired this annual event, is now 20.
- MEDIA ALERT: Ahead of National Trauma Survivors Day, May 20, 8-year-old trauma patient discharged from hospital today, May 19 after her family's home destroyed by tornado
- MEDIA ALERT: Sumter County First Responders visit Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital
- MEDIA ALERT: First responders parade Friday, April 24
- Prisma Health and The Blood Connection host blood drive to collect blood plasma to be used in severe or critically-ill COVID-19 patients, whole blood also will be collected
- Prisma Health Assists with Critical COVID-19 Needs in Kershaw County