MEDIA ALERT: Prisma Health offering students opportunity to simulate daVinci robotic surgery and meet surgeons
Prisma Health is offering students an exciting opportunity to ‘test drive’ the latest da Vinci Xi surgery robot. Students will compete on the da Vinci simulator and get the chance to ask questions of physicians who perform surgery with the robot.
Thursday, May, 30
8 a.m.–3 p.m.
- 8–10 a.m., Heyward Career and Technology Center
- 10 a.m.–noon, White Knoll High School
- 1–3 p.m., Ridge View High School
1200 Hampton St.
Columbia, SC 29201
The da Vinci surgical system gives surgeons an advanced set of instruments to use in performing robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. It translates a surgeon’s hand movements at the console in real time, bending and rotating the instruments while performing the procedure.
- MEDIA ALERT: Ahead of National Trauma Survivors Day, May 20, 8-year-old trauma patient discharged from hospital today, May 19 after her family's home destroyed by tornado
- MEDIA ALERT: Sumter County First Responders visit Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital
- MEDIA ALERT: First responders parade Friday, April 24
- Prisma Health and The Blood Connection host blood drive to collect blood plasma to be used in severe or critically-ill COVID-19 patients, whole blood also will be collected
- Prisma Health Assists with Critical COVID-19 Needs in Kershaw County