MEDIA ALERT: Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands hosts Halloween Carnival
EVENT: The 12th annual Halloween Carnival
WHEN: Thursday, Oct. 31
TIME: 10–11:30 a.m.
Prisma Health Children’s Hospital–Midlands, 7 Richland Medical Park Dr., Atrium
Hospitalized children and their families will have an opportunity to celebrate Halloween by playing carnival games and trick-or-treating in the hospital atrium. Festive, child-friendly tables will be set up throughout the atrium to welcome the children and provide a trick-or-treat experience for them. Prisma Health’s pumpkin decorating contest entries also will be on display in the atrium.
“Every year we are so overwhelmed by the continued generosity of our team members that give so much to assure that our patients and families have lots of fun during the Halloween carnival,” said certified child life specialist Susan Shumpert.
“Team members participate by donating treats, decorating trick-or-treat booths, dressing up in awesome costumes, hosting carnival games and providing fun foods. Not only do patients leave with overflowing bags of treats, but also smiling with hearts overflowing with excitement!”
About Prisma Health Children's Hospital–Midlands
Prisma Health Children's Hospital–Midlands is South Carolina’s first children's hospital and has more than 150,000 children’s visits each year. It offers more than 30 subspecialties to meet the unique health care needs of children and has central South Carolina's only Children’s Emergency Center. With more than 350 professionals who work exclusively with children, Prisma Health Children's Hospital–Midlands has a team of highly skilled and trained experts unmatched by any hospital in the Midlands. Prisma Health Children's Hospital–Midlands is the place to go for children's medical care, because the best care matters.
- MEDIA ALERT: Ahead of National Trauma Survivors Day, May 20, 8-year-old trauma patient discharged from hospital today, May 19 after her family's home destroyed by tornado
- MEDIA ALERT: Sumter County First Responders visit Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital
- MEDIA ALERT: First responders parade Friday, April 24
- Prisma Health and The Blood Connection host blood drive to collect blood plasma to be used in severe or critically-ill COVID-19 patients, whole blood also will be collected
- Prisma Health Assists with Critical COVID-19 Needs in Kershaw County