MEDIA ADVISORY: 1.5 Million Masks coming to healthcare professionals in South Carolina
Greenville, SC—Tomorrow, Prisma Health, along with Governor Henry McMaster, Atlas Air, Boeing, Discommon Founder Neil Ferrier, and members of South Carolina’s Congressional Delegation will greet and unload a Boeing Dreamlifter – a converted Boeing 747-400 Large Cargo Freighter (LCF) – filled with surgical ear loop masks.
The Dreamlifter will be transporting roughly 1.5 million medical-grade 3-ply surgical face masks bound for healthcare professionals at Prisma Health in South Carolina.
Discommon, the importer of record for the delivery, secured the PPE from trusted manufacturers in China and turned to Boeing and Atlas Air to facilitate their transport to Prisma Health, the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. Boeing donated the cost of the mission transport, with Atlas Air operating the flights on behalf of Boeing.
This is the Boeing’s second COVID-19 related cargo transport mission on a company-owned aircraft.
- Governor Henry McMaster (SC)
- Senator Lindsey Graham (SC)
- Senator Tim Scott (SC)
- Representative Jeff Duncan (SC-03)
- Representative William Timmons (SC-04)
- Prisma Health president and CEO, Mark O'Halla
- Discommon Founder, Neil Ferrier
10:30 a.m.: Greet and unload plane
Cerulean Commercial Aviation
Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
3090 Gateway Dr.
Greer, SC 29651
Open – interested media please RSVP to Libba Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media should plan to arrive by 9:45 a.m. to ensure timely entry.
Due to physical distancing protocols, please limit the number of media representatives to one per outlet if possible. For television, please consider coordinating for a feed from your network affiliate in South Carolina. Video footage and photographs will be made available later in the day via the Prisma Health Marketing Department.
- Prisma Health launches aggressive systemwide flu vaccination campaign
- Prisma Health launches state’s first interactive, free symptom checker for COVID-19
- Prisma Health receives approximately 1.5 million surgical masks from China thanks to Boeing collaboration
- Prisma Health to resume some surgeries and other deferred clinical services
- SC distilleries turn alcohol into hand sanitizer for Prisma Health