Gland and hormone specialists
Endocrinologists treat disorders of the endocrine system – the glands and the hormones they make. These disorders include diabetes, hyperthyroidism and other conditions related to the pituitary, thyroid, adrenals, ovaries, testes and pancreas.
Endocrinologists also deal with the metabolism and all the biochemical processes that make your body work, including how your body changes food into energy and how it grows.
A referral is required to see an endocrinologist. Even though your primary care provider can diagnose and treat diabetes, you may be referred to an endocrinologist if:
- You’re brand new to diabetes and need to learn how to manage it
- He or she doesn’t have a lot of experience treating diabetes
- You take a lot of shots or use an insulin pump
- Your diabetes has gotten tough to manage or your treatment isn’t working
- You have complications from diabetes
Take control of diabetes
Providers at this office
Find a provider who’s right for you by viewing their online profiles, star ratings and reviews.