Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital Stroke Center
Stroke is one of the leading causes of death and the number one preventable cause of disability in South Carolina. At Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital Stroke Center, we are an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center (CSC) certified by The Joint Commission, serving the Upstate and surrounding areas.
A multidisciplinary approach to treating stroke
Our fellowship-trained specialists in stroke neurology, neurosurgery, neuroendovascular surgery, neurocritical care and stroke specialized nursing offer the highest quality care 24/7 for stroke patients.
Our Stroke Center provides 365/24/7 availability of:
- Advanced imaging facilities including computerized tomography (CT)), CT angiography, CT perfusion, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and MR angiography.
- Personnel, imaging, operating room and endovascular facilities.
- Dedicated neuroscience and stroke unit as well as a dedicated neuro intensive care unit (ICU) with nurses who have received advanced training in stroke care.
- Extensive experience and expertise in treating patients with large ischemic strokes, intracerebral hemorrhage and subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Integrated comprehensive stroke rehabilitation program with Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital (RCP). Stroke patients begin therapy inpatient and continue after they are discharged.
- Community stroke education provides information and tips to on how to avoid stroke and know the signs of stroke.
If you or someone with you experiences signs of a stroke, call 911 immediately.
For more information on the Stroke Center at Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital, please call 864-455-8848.