Prisma Health Physical Therapy Specialists – Vestibular Program
At Prisma Health Physical Therapy Specialists, our vestibular team works to help you deal with your sense of balance. We provide you with the treatment, tools and knowledge to live an independent, active life without fear of dizziness.
Dizziness can be caused by dysfunction in many different systems in the body, one of which is the vestibular system. The vestibular system is located in the inner ear and the brain. It is responsible for recognizing when you move your head, keeping you balanced and assisting with vision while the body is moving.
We help with dizziness caused by:
- BPPV (positional vertigo)
- Vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis (inner ear infections)
- Chronic sinus infections
- Cervicogenic dizziness
- Vestibular migraine
- Drug induced vestibular dysfunction (ototoxicity)
When the vestibular system is experiencing problems, a person may experience vertigo, imbalance, nausea, blurry vision and/or anxiety. However, this system has the ability to heal and as a result these symptoms can be reduced with the right therapy treatment.
Our clinic has a unique set of clinicians that includes vestibular competency specialists, board-certified physical therapy specialists and concussion competency specialists. We provide specialized care through the use of all evidence-based treatment techniques such as individualized corrective exercises, diagnosis-specific education, spinal manipulation and mobilization, dry needling and soft tissue mobilization.
Join us for an assessment
An assessment will include:
- Evaluation of your condition
- Activity recommendations and modifications
- Individual home exercises
- Diagnosis-specific education
- Prisma Health Physical Therapy Specialists – Orthopedic and Sport Programs
- Prisma Health Physical Therapy Specialists – Neuroscience and Falls Prevention
- Prisma Health Physical Therapy Specialists – Cancer Rehabilitation
- Prisma Health Physical Therapy Specialists – Pelvic Floor and Women's Health Program
- Prisma Health Physical Therapy Specialists – Post-Concussion Program
- Driving Rehabilitation Program – Columbia
- Prisma Health Physical Therapy Specialists – Vestibular Program