Taking performance training to a new level
At Prisma Health Apex Athletic Performance, our training and sports performance programs prepare athletes for intense competition. Led by Prisma Health Orthopedics physicians, our personal trainers, physical therapists, certified strength and conditioning coaches, nutritionists and researchers offer a comprehensive and scientific approach to athletic training and exercise is unmatched by any other program across the region.
Our new 31,000-square-foot building in Lexington, South Carolina, is a two-story comprehensive facility offering orthopedic physical and occupational therapy, wellness programs including MedFit12, nutrition services and sports performance testing and training.
Our Lexington facility includes:
- Aquatic therapy for patients of all ages – from pediatrics to seniors
- The region’s only motion analysis and sports science lab
- Indoor and outdoor sports performance facility
- 31,000 square feet
- Specialized rehabilitation
- Sports performance
- Motion analysis laboratory
- Hydroworx® pool with plunge pools
- 40 x 25-yard outdoor field with observation deck
- 50-yard running lanes
Apex offers athletes
- Experienced coaches who have trained D-1 and D-2 college and professional athletes.
- A registered dietitian certified in sport dietetics with experience in the development of individualized nutrition programs for elite high school and collegiate athletes.
- Biomechanics technology for sport-specific scientific evaluations and insights.
About Prisma Health
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. Our goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals.