Taking performance training to a new level
At Prisma Health Apex Athletic Performance, our training and sports performance programs prepare athletes for intense competition. Led by Prisma Health Orthopedics physicians, our personal trainers, physical therapists, certified strength and conditioning coaches, nutritionists and researchers offer a comprehensive and scientific approach to athletic training and exercise is unmatched by any other program across the region.
Our Huger St. facility includes:
- Total square footage: 13,000
- Indoor field (netted) – 30 yards x 30 yards
- Indoor track – 60 yards x 5 yards
- Outdoor field – 35 yards x 25 yards
- Outdoor running track – 90 yards x 5 yards
- Sandpit – 60 feet x 30 feet
- 2 batting cages – 12 feet x 70 feet
Apex offers athletes
- Experienced coaches who have trained D-1 and D-2 college and professional athletes.
- A registered dietitian certified in sport dietetics with experience in the development of individualized nutrition programs for elite high school and collegiate athletes.
- Biomechanics technology for sport-specific scientific evaluations and insights.
About Prisma Health
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. Our goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals.