Programs and Support
RCP amputee monthly support group
- Meets the third Thursday of each month, 6–7:30 p.m.
- 1st Floor Inpatient Physical Therapy Gym at Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital.
Aphasia support group
Topics range from research on aphasia to open forums for fellowship and support. Family members and caregivers are welcome to attend and participate. Join us for support, information and fun.
- Meets the second Wednesday of each month, 1–2 p.m. (time subject to change).
- Conference room on the third floor of Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital
Brain aneurysm support group
For information on the brain aneurysm support group, contact them via Facebook at Upstate SC Brain Aneurysm Support Group.
Greenville Area Parkinson Society
Greenville Area Parkinson Society (GAPS) focuses on improving the quality of life for those living with Parkinson’s Disease. Learn more.
LOUD for LIFE
LOUD for LIFE is a group exercise maintenance class available for those who have completed LSVT LOUD. This group helps those with Parkinson’s Disease maintain the loud voice they learned to use in speech therapy.
- Meets the first and third Fridays of each month.
Stroke support group
A program topic is presented on a subject of interest to stroke survivors and their families. Refreshments and fellowship are offered. The meeting is open to anyone in the community. Join us for support, information and fellowship.
- Meets the first Tuesday of each month at 1 p.m.
- Third floor conference room of Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital.
Spinal cord injury support group
- Meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m.
- First floor Outpatient Therapy Gym at Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital.
Traumatic brain injury support group
The staff of Roger C. Peace Brain Injury and Young Stroke Program is dedicated to the support of the Brain Injury Alliance of South Carolina (BIASC). The staff has an active role with the Upstate support group by serving on the board of directors and as the chief organizers of the BIASC’s annual fundraiser, Run For Thought. To learn more about the support group and other BIASC activities, please click here.
Upstate Community Abilities Network (UCAN)
Upstate Community Abilities Network (UCAN), part of Prisma Health Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital, offers numerous events throughout the year. These adaptive events are open to anyone with a physical disability.
Events are free unless otherwise noted. Registration is required for all events. Unless otherwise noted, please contact Kristen Caldwell at Kristen.Caldwell@PrismaHealth.org or 864-455-3262 with your questions or to register to take part. Additional dates will be added throughout the year. Event details can be found here.
For more information on any of these support or community groups, please email RCPPrograms@PrismaHealth.org.