Patient Referral and Transfer Center
Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital provides integrated healthcare to communities across Greenville County and beyond through our Patient Referral and Transfer Center. The center is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week to serve as a centralized point of entry for transfers into Prisma Health from area hospitals and healthcare providers.
Centralized transfer services
This service is for use by medical facilities and practices only. Our referrals include:
- Acute inpatient to inpatient
- Emergency Department to Emergency Department
- Doctor's office to Emergency Department
- Non-acute facility (nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities, etc.) to Emergency Department
To arrange a transfer, please call:
We will ask for the following information:
- Is this an emergency?
- Where is the patient now?
- A brief description of the purpose of the transfer.
- Clinical information pertinent to the transfer.
- 24/7 availability to facilitate Emergency Department transfers, inpatient-to-inpatient transfers and referrals from doctor's offices, urgent care centers and other healthcare providers
- Coordination of transfers into Prisma Health including:
- Finding an appropriate provider
- Facilitating provider-to-provider phone contact
- Assuring that an appropriate bed is available within the system
- Notifying appropriate ancillary staff of the transfer
- Arranging transport
- Update referring provider and primary care providers on patients progress until discharge