Nursing at Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital
Why choose to be a nurse at Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital?
At Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital, our nurses deliver care through our unique nursing professional practice model. This model supports the registered nurse’s control over the delivery of nursing care and the environment in which care is delivered.
Our model is focused on the patient and family by the following six actions:
- We provide safe, high-quality patient-centered care.
- We collaborate with all disciplines.
- We use evidence-based practice.
- We distinguish ourselves as professionals.
- We are driven to improve patient outcomes.
- We have a voice through shared decision making.
Nursing annual reports
ASCEND: Advancement System for Clinical Excellence and Nursing Development
ASCEND is a professional development program available to all nurses at Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital who have at least one year of experience at the organization.
Nurses submit exemplars, which are reviewed using the Bloom’s Taxonomy classification system to determine the milestone achieved. The exemplars demonstrate the highest levels of nursing professionalism, using both quantitative and qualitative outcomes to highlight their work. Stories of nurses participating in research, community outreach and quality improvement projects, as well as applying professional certifications and advanced degrees to their practice, can be used as exemplars.
Nurses receive a monetary reward depending on the milestone they achieve, and recognition in the Nursing Newsletter, the Nursing Annual Report, and other organizational publications. We are proud of all our ASCEND nurses at Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital!
Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital ASCEND participants
- Kathy Nicholson, BSN, RN, ANM
- Angela Bruccoli, MSN, RN
- Alyssa Humphries, RN
Lactation Consultant, OB/GYN Magnolia
- Christine Miller, BSN, RN, CPN
- Gale Ross, BSN, RN, ANM
- Kathryn Frankel, MS, RN, CCRN
Nurse Practitioner Student
- Allyson Bagley, BSN, RN
- Laureen Carter, BSN, RN, CPAN
- Glenda Clarkson, BSN, RN, CNOR, NM
- Rachel Hanes, BSN, RN, CCRN
- Tressa Horsley, BSN, RN, C-EFM, RNC-OB
- Judy McMahan, BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN
- Jessica Padget, BSN, RN
- Tracy Pound, BSN, RN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, NM
Birthplace and Magnolia
- Pamela Spires, BSN, RN, CPAN
- Harietta Wilson, BSN, RN, CCRN
At Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital, we love our nursing team members and want to see them shine. Here are some of the ways we recognize our nurses.