PGY2 Cardiology Pharmacy Residency
Prisma Health Richland Hospital – University of South Carolina
Thank you for your interest in the PGY2 Cardiology Residency at Prisma Health. The application deadline is January 5. Interested candidates must have a degree from an accredited college of pharmacy (PharmD), have completed or currently be completing an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)-accredited PGY1 residency program and be eligible for or have current licensure in South Carolina.
- Must be a PharmD
- Eligible for or have current licensure in South Carolina by Aug. 1
- Completed application via PhORCAS
- Official transcripts
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation submitted via PhORCAS
A full interview is required for the Prisma Health PGY2 Cardiology Pharmacy Residency. All applicants must participate in ASHP's residency match program.
The Prisma Health Residency Manual can be viewed or downloaded here (PDF).
- Stipend: $52,000
- 22 days paid time off (PTO) – includes vacation, sick days and holidays
- Insurance: medical, dental and vision offered
- Membership dues paid to ASHP and SCSHP
- Professional meetings:
- Midyear clinical meeting
- Southeastern Residency Conference
- South Carolina Society of Health System Pharmacy fall and annual meetings (educational leave)
- Complimentary preferred parking
- Three meal allowances per day in the cafeteria
- A furnished lab coat
For additional information about our program or the application process, please contact:
B. Andrew Mardis, PharmD, BCCP, BCPS
Residency Program Director
Advanced Heart Health Center
Prisma Health Heart Hospital
6 Richland Medical Park Dr.
Columbia, SC 29203
Steven J. Asbill, PharmD, BCPS
Residency Program Coordinator
Department of Pharmacy
Prisma Health Richland Hospital
5 Richland Medical Park Dr.
Columbia, SC 29203