Music Therapy Internship
Help change somebody else's tune
Our 26-week music therapy internship at Prisma Health–Midlands offers supervised experiences working with patients in behavioral care, medical units and neonatal intensive care.
Listed on the National Roster of the American Music Therapy Association, the internship provides an opportunity to observe, co-lead and lead sessions with child, adolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatric patients. Sessions with adult patients on medical units including neurology, oncology, medical/surgical, emergency room, intensive care (ICU) and neonatal intensive care are offered as well.
Call 803-296-5546 for more information
Music therapy internship details
- Begins with a four-week orientation period.
- During the orientation period, the intern learns how to assess patients, develop a music therapy treatment plan, document on patient progress and work as a part of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Intern becomes certified in crisis prevention intervention.
- After orientation, internship is divided into two 11-week rotations.
- One rotation focuses on children and adolescents in behavioral care units, babies in the neonatal intensive care and their families, and adults on medical units.
- One rotation focuses on adults and geriatrics in behavioral care.
For more information about the Music Therapy internship, call 803-296-5546 or view our brochure.
- Certified Athletic Training Residency Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Music Therapy Internship
- Nurse Residency Program
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency
- Geriatric Physical Therapy Residency
- Pharmacy Residency Programs – Columbia
- Research Division
- Clinical Pastoral Education