Online CME Activities
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Columbia/Prisma Health–Midlands Office of Continuous Professional Development and Strategic Affairs' (OCPDSA) has developed this online continuing medical education (CME) library with the intent to ensure that practicing physicians meet their goals for performance improvement and professional development.
Our online CME activities are designed for health care professionals, physicians, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Non-health care professionals seeking clinical advice or information should always consult a professional.
Online opportunities for performance improvement and professional development
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Prisma Health–Midlands Continuing Medical Education Organization (USCSOM-PH CME) designates that these activities have been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Specific credit designation for each online CME activity is reflected on its individual activity page. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Physicians participating in both a live and an online activity for identical educational material may only claim credit for one of the activities.
To be certain to receive the maximum amount of credit for your online activity, please follow these steps:
- Click the link for the selected online CME activity in the menu to link to its flyer.
- Review the objectives and disclosure statement for the activity.
- Follow the instructions for each module to access the presentation and assessment.
- The minimum performance level to successfully qualify for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ is displayed prior to the start of each assessment.
- After completing the assessment, your certificate will be available to print. The OCPDSA will keep a record of your credits earned and can provide you with an official CME transcript upon request.
- If there are any questions, please contact our office at 803-434-4211 or send an email to CPDSA@USCMed.SC.edu.
University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Prisma Health–Midlands
Office of Continuous Professional Development and Strategic Affairs
3555 Harden Street Ext., Suite 100
Columbia, SC 29203