The Office of Diversity and Inclusion seeks to support adherence of laws, regulations and take actions to make practical changes in support of diversity and inclusion for the workplace and the communities we serve.
Our goal is to create a positive experience for patients, guests and team members. We are committed to adhering to policies in support of diversity, inclusion and belonging, and establishing an environment of equality and respect for patients and team members.
- Prisma Health strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination and/or harassment against team members or any other covered persons because of race, ethnicity, color religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), age, national origin, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, veteran status, physical or mental disability except where the disability renders the team member unable to perform the essential function of his or her job with or without reasonable accommodation, genetic information or other characteristic, protected by federal, state, or local law. (Human Resources, Discrimination & Harassment policy)
- Prisma Health strictly prohibits conduct often referred to as bullying that is intimidating, hostile, verbally or physically abusive by one or more team members against one or more other team members, patients, visitors, guests or vendors. (Human Resources, Discrimination & Harassment policy)
- Prisma Health will promptly and fairly deal with complaints of harassment, bullying, or unlawful discrimination by team members, patients, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. Team members are expected to report any form of discrimination, harassment and retaliation against individuals to the following as appropriate:
- Prisma Health will provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals, as well as a work environment free from unlawful discrimination harassment, retaliation, or bullying of any type. (Human Resources, Equal Employment Opportunity policy)
- Prisma Health prohibits discrimination against any individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity), age or disability in covered health program or activities. (Affordable Care Act, Section 1557)
- It is the policy of Prisma Health to not engage in discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, physical, mental or other disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, status as a veteran, or other non-medically relevant factors. (Notice of Non-Discrimination)
Prisma Health is committed to work with team members, patients, community members, and government officials to monitor performance and adhere to company, local, state and federal guidelines and policies to provide fair and equitable treatment for all we serve and employ.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission